The Feasibility Study
The feasibility study sets the foundation of an energy system design. CogenPlan's approach to the feasibility study combines a rigorous analytic methodology with the engineering expertise necessary to interpret computer-generated estimates.
For a given feasibility study, we do the following:
Evaluate the client's energy consumption profile:
Select the system:
- The electricity consumption patterns. ( Chart 1 )
- Determine the client's heat, steam, or air-conditioning needs
Perform the feasibility study:
- For Waste to energy System evaluate anaerobic or combustionĚ
- For cogeneration evaluate gas turbine, gas engine, or microturbine that best serve
Evaluate energy requirements for one year of operation
- Determine the system design features.
- Determine the cogeneration or waste-to-energy design and performance.
- Investigate the environmental requirements and select equipment.
- Investigate the current gas and electricity rate structures.
- Forecast future rates.
Investigate purchase, lease or investor funding options.
Select the best available cogeneration or Waste-to-energy subsystems and perform a system economic evaluation:
- Perform a 15-year economic evaluation for the purchase or investment option, based on the budgetary costs
- Provide a complete report describing the results of investigations
CogenPlan, LLC - Irvine, CA U.S.A.
Tel: 949.854.5144 - Fax: 949.854.3136
© Copyright 2000-2007 by CogenPlan. All rights reserved.